Walk-Through Consultation – Verbal-Only - This is NOT a Home Inspection
For homebuyers who may choose to defer a full home inspection, our experienced home inspectors are available for Walk-Through Consultations. These are consultations where we will walk through the interior and exterior with a potential home buyer to share our observations, concerns, and insights with the home. This may be an ideal solution for some home buyers and sellers. A walk-through consultation is limited in scope. There is no written report created and no pictures are taken by the inspector. The inspector will tell you issues they would write in a buyer’s inspection so that you can take notes and fix items on your schedule. You will walk away with a great amount of knowledge about the house, but it is NOT a substitute for a full home inspection.
Clients will be expected to take their own pictures and notes, and we strongly encourage them to get a full home inspection if they decide to purchase the home.
Length: One to Two Hours depending on the size of the home. This is usually the maximum amount of time for us to walk through the property, and then present a synopsis of our findings. We we’ll be moving quickly.
Report: No report. Our clients take notes, as we will not be producing any reports.
Tools: Flashlight. Since this is not a home inspection, we will not be bringing a ladder to inspect the attic or walk the roof, remove the electrical panel cover, use a combustion analyzer on the furnace, or any other equipment that we normally use during a home inspection. We want to be clear that this is a walk-through consultation only and not a complete home inspection.
What’s covered: We’ll cover as much of the property as possible during this short window of time. We will do our best to cover potential foundation issues, plumbing concerns, neglected furnaces and air conditioners, major electrical concerns, moisture staining, visible roof problems, visible chimney problems, major siding issues, water management, and deck concerns. These are the items we’ll focus on, but details may be limited due to time allotted, the home’s size, and the home’s condition. We will also cover specific client concerns, within reason and time-permitting.
What’s not included:
· No written report will be issued.
· No photos will be taken by the inspector.
· Ongoing consultation about the house.
· No attic entry, crawlspace entry or bot, roof walk or drone.
· Comprehensive inspections such as checking all windows, receptacles, appliances, etc.
· Exact determination of age of components.
What you should expect:
· A fast-paced walk though of the house.
· You should be ready to take notes and pictures.
· This is not a substitute for a full home inspection.
· Payment is due 24 hours prior to time of consultation.
One inspector for the time frame listed below.
· Condo/Townhouse includes a one-hour consultation. Price: $175
· Single Family Houses up to 3,000 sq. ft. includes a 90-minute consultation. Price $225
· Single Family Houses btwn 3,001 and 5,000 sq. ft. includes a 2-hour consultation. Price: $275
· Single Family Houses btwn 5,001 and 8,000 sq. ft. includes a 2-hour consultation. Price: $350
· Single Family House over 8,000 sq. ft. includes a 2.5-hour consultation. Price: $450
· A $50 discount applies to a full inspection of the same house if ordered within 60 days.
PLEASE CALL 949-945-0111 TO SCHEDULE A WALK-THROUGH CONSULTATION.
It is always incumbent on the seller to disclose items in compliance with California disclosure laws. The Verbal Walk-Through Consultation benefits a buyer in that it may identify numerous repair items that may not meet the threshold of a disclosable item such as a dirty air filter or a garage door that requires adjustment. The benefit to the seller is that these items can be repaired ahead of the buyer’s inspection resulting in a shorter, cleaner report and thus a short request for repairs.